Monday, October 26, 2009

Go, Diego, Go!

"Deep inside the jungle where nature's runnin' wild, coming to the rescue there's a very special child. Talking to the animals and swinging from a vine, this rough & tough adventurer is working all the time."

We have a HUGE Diego fan at our house. On any given night you could be asked to be a baby macaw, monkey or even a baby chinchilla...and you're in TROUBLE! But never fear, Diego and Rescue Pack will save the day!

No surprise here when Nolan said he wanted to be Diego for Halloween. So, I naturally started looking for a costume. Tough task! There aren't any. What would momma do? Make one. Really all I needed to make was Rescue Pack and a khaki vest - into the felt stash I go :) Lots left from last Halloween....

Here's what we came up with:
The Rescue Watch is a MUST! This is how you talk to Alicia and get messages as to which animal you have to save. I found this printable one on the Nick Jr. website and laminated it, along with the different options for animals. Each one has velcro on the back so they can be changed out.
For NOT having a pattern I think these turned out pretty good. The vest is just that...a simple vest with the same patch on it that Diego's has. Rescue Pack is worn by Diego with just one strap so that's what we did. I didn't even have to make a trip to the fabric store, thanks to extra orange felt from the goodie bags we made last Halloween :)

Last night Nolan wore these until the very moment I put him into his bed! I don't care that it's not very fancy, he loves them and that makes me feel great. Can't wait to see him as Diego for Trick or Treating!

1 comment:

Lemony said...

Awesome costume! We're making one of our own, using some of the print-outs from the Nick Jr. website, and gathering the rest from yard sales, second hand shops, and his closet. Seeing yours makes me with I hadn't bought anything, though, and went the crafty route instead! Thanks for the inspiration.